Week 11 Extra Reading: Great Plains

Extra Credit Reading Week 11



I did something a little bit different with my notes this time.  While I read most of the stories, The Creation captivated me.  If I were to create a story, or recreate a story, rather, I'd absolutely pick this one so I'm taking more detailed notes than usual to help me with later writings! 


It's an interesting twist that the sun says the Osages are his children.  I don't think I'd realized that was part of the belief system when I was reading other stories! I also love love love the incorporation of the moon as their mother! I'm so obsessed with the moon that I'm automatically interested whenever she makes her appearance. I also didn't know that there wasn't land initially!  That would've been so scary to descend and then have nowhere to land and no way back up! AAHHHH! I was very relieved when the elk helped then find the rocks. I also love that the elk was a consistent between the two different groups, but I think the second group was way sadder than the fist group because it kept talking about drowning. I also never would have guessed that a craw fish would be so important to a creation story! 

Bibliography: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Tricia the Dog-Mom and History Major

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: Alice the Mouse