Reading Notes Week 13 | Part A, Nursery Rhymes

Readings Week 13 Part A | Nursery Rhymes


Tales:


I've definitely heard some of these before! They're way sadder than I remember though...

Proverbs:

My grandmother used to recite the nature one about sleep to me!

See a pin pick it up... That's like our penny one! 

Songs, Part 1:

I used to love Little Bo-Peep! I feel like this is more walking down memory lane than reading for a class! 

OMG and London Bridge! It's so different than the one I know!

Songs Part 2:

Hot Cross Buns was in every music class I took in elementary school! 
Three Blind Mice, too! 

Riddles:

Okay... These riddles were ridiculously hard.  At this point I'm not thinking I'll write any stories based upon Nursery Rhymes, but they're super fun to read! 

Paradoxes:

These have been my favorite so far.  I love the way they roll off the tongue and they're nice and short so I don't have to focus too hard. 

Charms and Lullabies:

"MATTHEW, Mark, Luke, and John,
Guard the bed that I lay on!
Four corners to my bed,
Four angels round my head;
One to watch, one to pray,
And two to bear my soul away!"
This is so stinking cute! I definitely want to use this for my future kids! 

Games:

I thought these games were kind boring.  They didn't really keep my attention. 

Bibliography:

The Nursery Rhymes Book edited by Andrew Lang and illustated by L. Leslie Brooke (1897). 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Tricia the Dog-Mom and History Major

Time Strategies