Biography | Who Rescued Whom?

Who Rescued Whom? 

The Story of Savannah Mae Corso

Personal Photo from July 5, 2018

I exited the SPCA in the middle of nowhere town in Oklahoma with a very squishy, squirmy bundle in my arms.  Big brown eyes peered up at me as we neared the car, and observed my face.  Joe opened the car door for me, and as I climbed in, he uttered a hushed, "Be careful!"

I rolled my eyes dramatically at him.  This wasn't my first time holding a puppy! I'd had dogs my entire life, and he'd never even had one, who did he think he was?

Well... technically he was her brand new owner... And I was just his girlfriend who had commandeered his new puppy.  Pesky details. 

We turned the car on and the 13 pound, 6 week old baby girl in my lap shifted uncomfortably, clearly nervous about her new surroundings.  We waited a moment until she was a bit more settled and then took off.  Straight to the vet for us.  We weren't taking any chances with our newest family member.  It would be nothing but the best for her here on out.  No more hard, cold floors to sleep on.  No more fighting with her brothers and sisters to get food.  No more wondering why everything was so scary.  

Just love, a warm home, and a doting family.  

I thank God every single day that she chose us.  I thank God every single day that she rescued us.  

Who rescued whom? The answer is clear, and apparently we needed her more than she needed us.  

Author's Note: 

I kept it short and sweet, and just told it how it was.  I tried to embellish very little and keep the story as true to my memory as I could.  A perfect day like this doesn't need much embellishment.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Tricia the Dog-Mom and History Major

Time Strategies