Week 9 Reading Notes Part B Chinese Folk Tales

Chinese Folktales Part B

Week 9 Readings



The Little Hunting Dog

I really loved this story.  I was so sad at the end when the scholar lost his little dog! I think if I were to attempt to adapt this story, I'd make the dog live and eventually grow big enough to become a real dog.  

Fox-Fire

I really enjoyed this story, too!  I like that the fox eventually got his treasure back! I don't think I'd be too interested in adapting this story, though.  


The Talking Silver Foxes

I didn't like this story so much.  The language wasn't very engaging and I got bored pretty easily.  


Retribution


I loved this story.  I think I'd like to do an adaptation of this! It would be so cool to see the water carrier in his first life before he was reborn.  I was so happy when the story came full circle! 



The Night on the Battlefield


I thought this story was really boring, but it could be interesting to rewrite it and make it more engaging. 



Bibliography: 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Tricia the Dog-Mom and History Major

Comment Wall

Week 7 Story: Alice the Mouse